Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:12 pm 

rd 3

stiff punches from both fighters, but barb's pressure is too much. The end comes quick after barb again ducks out of a hip toss to take the back. 1:36 of the third, barb secures the rnc for her biggest win and roxi's 4th loss in a row.

good night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:02 am 

Thanks for all of the updates. Was there any match up announcements for the next card in February. I heard earlier that Marloes was announcing something big at this event but haven't heard anyone talk about what it was? I also heard some interesting things from people who were at the fight observing. Evidently Ellaina Maxwell will no longer be making 135 from the way she was looking walking around at the event? They also said that her next fight will be her retirement fight? I heard my buddy CSA had some girls getting after it, and that the one that fought Gomez looked better and better as the fight went on.
It had to be awesome with all of those female fighters in attendance. Howd the over all event go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:52 am 

The only announcement that I could make out was that marloes was returning to 145. From seeing her walking around I think its a great choice.

When I spoke to Janet (the interview is in the news section I believe) she told me that they signed elaina as a "core fighter" at 145. She also said they won't be pressuring fighters on weight; I would expect elaina to stay at 145. I have not heard anything about retirement

Overall the event went well, but far too long. I would guess peak attendance at 1,200, but after 10:30 people started leaving. By the main event there were maybe 250 in attendance.

I happened to run into Scott crosby (blackeye president) at dinner last night. He told me that the next event would not run so late and he felt that many people left after the local fighters fought (I don't believe any of the girls were local). He defended Gomes and disagreed with me when I said smith deserved the decision. He said he was surprised that roxi lost but really wasn't familiar with her, it seems he focuses on local talent and lets Janet handle the women. He also mentioned that a few girls weighed in well below weight, which I wasn't aware of.

I think the 'success' of the event will be determined by the number of online ppv buys, which Scott was unable to tell me when we spoke. This was BlackEye's most successful event so far, but also looked to be their most expensive. But it was a good time, and I look forward to the next one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:56 pm 

From what i saw, i don't believe that Smith deserved the win however, was respectable in the fight and that there was some kind of dirty knee in one of the rounds from Gomez. If Strikeforce ends up being terminated after the showtime contract runs out it will be interesting to see exactly what they do with wmma. I wouldn't be surprised if they did away with it completely, that being said i don't believe that it will be that big of a deal and that someone will always pick the women up. If that does happen it will probably be Pro Elite, which would make McManns decision to go with them instead of Strikeforce the best decision possible haha.

Did anyone see any of the girls interacting at the show, with so many great girls in attendance it would interest me what kind of relationship they have or how they interact. Sarah D, Elaina Maxwell, Marloes, Roxi, Jessica Aguilar, Sara McMann. Did anyone see them interacting at all, and how do they look in size outside of weigh ins and the cage?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:20 pm 

deacon wrote:
Jay glazer hands over the mic as marloes coennen enters the cage.

Marloes who does look too big for 135 announces she will be returning to 145 and hopes to fight cyborg again.

Now on to the main event, barb honchack v roxi modafferi at 125.

I spoke to Roxi earlier and she said she was very happyto be at 125, and it looks to be a much better weight for her.

both girls look sharpwith their striking. they clinch now and roxi looks for a hip toss, but barb ducks out the back. Barb works her hooks in as the girls battle hands. The choke looks inevitable, but roxi turns, giving barb the mount for only a moment before roxi is able to reverse. The round ends with rox in barb's gaurd, who must have won the round.

rd 2 agressive punches by roxi who is turned against the cage. Rox tries multiple times to jump gaurd but is losing the fight against the cage. They land on the mat with barb landing solid elbows from inside gaurd. Roxi works hard but barb's top game is too much, she controls for the rest of the round.

I'm glad Marloes is going back 145, she looked way too skinny at 135 and on top of that she was very weak at that weight. She got overpowered fairly easily in all 3 of her fights at 135. Besides Marloes never wanted to fight at 135 in the first place, Scott Coker begged and imo made certain financial arrangements(payoff) with her and Golden Glory for her to make the cut because Coker was desperate to get rid of Sarah Kaufman and didn't have any faith that anyone in the 135lb tournament could get the job done.

Another reason is that going back to 145 makes it a lot easier for Marloes to get back into Strikeforce, which is why when she announced she was going back to 145, she made sure to say she was ready to fight at 145 right now and ready to fight Cyborg right now, she knows that after Yamanaka there is a severe shortage of decent fighters who are willing to fight Cyborg. She also knows that right now with all the girls at 135 in Strikeforce and with the recent signing of Davis and Amanda Nunes cutting to 135 that Strikeforce is in absolutely no hurry to re-sign her to fight at 135.

Imo back at 145 if she wins a fight or two in Blackeye she will get re-signed by Strikeforce next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:26 pm 

You really think that Strikeforce will still be around in a year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:46 pm 

GHP wrote:
You really think that Strikeforce will still be around in a year?

Why else would they keep signing female fighters? Why is Coenen obviously campaigning to get back into a promotion that won't exist by next year? Hopefully what will happen is that Strikeforce will be a feeder for the UFC, a place for male talent not quite ready for the UFC and a place for elite women's MMA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:34 pm 

I would love nothing more than for that to happen, but i think it is all just wishful thinking. Looks like from the pictures on blackeye that CSA and Lana are on the same diet. I never realized just how huge she was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:34 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

Im a big fan of Roxanne (eventhough she wont friend me on fb, lol) and I know she reads this site and adds her excellent and welcome insight.

What is it that Roxanne need to do to turn around this losing streak? Is it lack of strength? Should she be fighting at a different weight? Should she pull a reversal, move back and train in the US (and teach japanese)? Is she standing too much? Is the travel too much?

Roxanne is too talented a fighter. To me, she looks thin. Whether that is weight or weight training. I want Roxanne back, and back on top!

Im pulling for you Roxanne!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:13 am 

BrianNYC wrote:
What is it that Roxanne need to do to turn around this losing streak?

Roxanne needs to do something about her insomnia because she is just not getting enough quality sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:28 pm 

I would like to see Roxanne back at top form as well. Do you think that it is just that there are better wmma fighters coming along? I believe that she is just too small at 135, i mean when you compare her to some of the girls there now, and that 125 cut could be hurting her performances? She is just not strong enough to compete with the top girls at 135.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 am 

GHP wrote:
Do you think that it is just that there are better wmma fighters coming along?

No! Absolutely not. I think there are other factors involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:10 pm 
Pro Fighter

oslooskar wrote:
BrianNYC wrote:
What is it that Roxanne need to do to turn around this losing streak?

Roxanne needs to do something about her insomnia because she is just not getting enough quality sleep.

THIS. ;__;

I wanna go part-time at work....can't!

Brian, what's your last name? I'm maxed out of friends/fans, so I can't accept any more, but I'll delete someone and add you if you tell me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:03 am 

Boru

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 am 

BrianNYC wrote:
Boru

WHAT! IMPOSSIBLE! No....y..y..y..you couldn't be him. :shock:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next