Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:15 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

Home of the Women's Rankings>

Follow the Women's Rankings on Facebook> [

Follow the Women's Rankings on Twitter> [

Last edited by GFC on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:32 pm 

Ronda at #4? Kinda high

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:47 pm 

Hair Trigger wrote:
Ronda at #4? Kinda high

Well there's still not a lot of depth at 145, but based on her performance and Nunes drop also moved her up another notch by default. If the division were stacked it may be premature but that's still not the case yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:46 am 

I think that Liz Carmouche is definately too high at #4. She really doesn't have much at all for notable wins. Jan Finney is the only one that is decent that she has beaten. Now i understand that she had some respectable showings against Marloes and Sarah but respectable showings in LOSSES. I don't know about everyone else but i really don't care who LOOSES the best. I am glad to see that you atleast don't have Roxanne ranked anymore, with her four losses. It seems to me at times some of the rankings i have seen are as much about popularity contests as they are skill sets. Which makes sense when i look at them because, Roxanne is a great person and very easy to like, however she does not deserve to be ranked very high anymore. The good thing is the sport is growing and getting better everyday, there are big things on the horizon for wmma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:41 pm 

Frausto 6th at 125, unranked at 115 lol. Unranked P4P lol.
Kaitlin Young 10th at 135 are you kidding? No Kunitskaya at 145? These rankings are absurd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:22 pm 

GHP wrote:
I think that Liz Carmouche is definately too high at #4. She really doesn't have much at all for notable wins.

Those are my sentiments as well. I was thinking she should trade places with Alexis Davis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:05 pm 

Whatever happened to Jessica Penne?

IMHO, wrong to say any rankings is "absurd". Ok, maybe not wroing bc its your opinion, much like the rankings, but possibly the wrong word?

Like FIGHT! magazines rankings. Many readers disagree with the rankings so they dont 'like' them, yet they are as good as any out there.

I think GFC does a really good job and deserves credit for the hard work and effort. I believe it is much more difficult in ranking the women since they dont fight as often and often dont fight each other.

FYI. I understand Kelly Kobold is coming back. I bet she changes the Featherweight division rankingwhen she does....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:28 pm 

Folks, these are 'performance based' rankings and yes performance even in losses is important. If fighter X gets blown out in 10 seconds by Cyborg and fighter Y goes 5 hard rds to a razor close split decision, sure both are L's but are obviously FAR different situations and levels of performance. The Liz for Alexis is plausible but Alexis has yet to face any top 5 @ 135, and when Liz did Marloes was #1 and Liz dominated virtually that entire fight except for the end, so the opponent rating performance # was slightly higher. As for Zoila, she's going on 12 months inactive from 115 this month, at 125 she has only fought once this year against a non-ranked opponent, and apparently Z is out due to injury (which sucks) but will now be a non-factor at any weight for awhile.

and graci@Brian.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:31 pm 

Okay, I’m mystified. How is it that Milana Dudieva got to be ranked third in the bantamweight division? With the exception of Sheila Gaff, all of her fights have been against inexperienced nobodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:54 pm 

oslooskar wrote:
Okay, I’m mystified. How is it that Milana Dudieva got to be ranked third in the bantamweight division? With the exception of Sheila Gaff, all of her fights have been against inexperienced nobodies.

Yes Gaff was what orig moved her up - it only takes beating one top ranked fighter to become one - and I believe you meant Featherweight division. She was not ranked quite that high...but then, things like Marloes dropping out due to inactivity and Nunes recent loss moved her up a couple more notches by default. Good question tho...~un-mystify~ :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 pm 

GFC wrote:
Folks, these are 'performance based' rankings...

So based on their performances, Seo Hee Ham & Julie Kedzie are Japanese.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:38 pm 

Mark Grassman wrote:
GFC wrote:
Folks, these are 'performance based' rankings...

So based on their performances, Seo Hee Ham & Julie Kedzie are Japanese.

hahaha good one! :)