Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wow women's MMA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:58 pm 

Check this out. I can't believe it! How ridiculous can you possibly be, definitely lost a lot of respect for a tournament i used to think was pretty prestigous. Definitely makes some of the qualifying matches i have seen online make a little bit more sense, as well as how the brackets are created and how they match up the competitors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:17 am 

Agreed, that's shocking behaviour for a so-called high level organisation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

This is not meant to sound arrogant, this is actually sad commentary, but...

Knowing what I know, this does not surprise me one bit.

Cat is worthy of this level of competition. It is too bad that Cat and others are treated this way....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:26 am 

Quote:
I was then told that they would be doing "weight checks"
on her throughout the day! Yep, they said if she looked bigger than her fellow
competitors they would make her weight in over and over again to make sure she
was less than 59.9kg, this was simply RIDICULOUS

That, coupled with the remarks that other people failed to make weight and it was ignored, make the whole thing sound like a circus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm 
Pro Fighter

Wow, really!?!!!! unbelievable....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:48 pm 

What a bunch or ludicrous whining that was. She DIDN'T MAKE WEIGHT! She had to strip naked in order to get into the division? SHE is the one who should be ashamed, not the event organizers. She shouldn't have been trying to fight in that weight division because she's too big. If there is so much as an ounce in question, show a little confidence and go with the big girls. They were absolutely right to weigh her several times.

As for the hotel arrangements - don't look a gift horse in the mouth., whiners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:15 am 

And just when i thought that Frank was the dumbest person posting on this board.........

Ornery has no clue......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:29 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

I actually agree with this. BJJ isn't like MMA. You're not supposed to cut tons of weight and then rehydrate. That's why you weigh in with your gi or board shorts on, and why weigh-ins are in the morning or often right before matches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:23 pm 

I think you guys are missing the point of having different standards for different fighters, and different rules from what was stated orginally. This sounds like a circus and is no way for a tournament that is supposedely as prestigous as this one to operate.

Anyone that really takes their sport seriously, and is not just some weekend warrior that wants to act cool saying they do bff/fight, will agree that this is no way to run a tournament.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:36 pm 
Pro Fighter

We only got to read one side of the story- from the jilted person's perspective. No judgements passed with out more information.

But I do agree that a ton of weight cutting for bjj tournaments shouldn't be allowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:28 am 

MNkkgMMA wrote:
We only got to read one side of the story- from the jilted person's perspective. No judgements passed with out more information.

Unless there were a lot of things in the article were outright fabricated, there is no way to see it from another perspective. ADCC was fucking people over.

MNkkgMMA wrote:
But I do agree that a ton of weight cutting for bjj tournaments shouldn't be allowed.

Then they should have the same rules for everyone. Also, how the hell is that even enforcible? They are flying people in from all over the world, it's not like they can do monthly skin-fold tests like you can in college wrestling to make sure an egregious amount of weight isn't being cut (and even in that situation, that's for like truly gigantic amounts, not 8-10 lbs.).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:29 am 
Pro Fighter

Chrom1um wrote:
MNkkgMMA wrote:

Unless there were a lot of things in the article were outright fabricated, there is no way to see it from another perspective. ADCC was fucking people over.

MNkkgMMA wrote:

Then they should have the same rules for everyone. Also, how the hell is that even enforcible? They are flying people in from all over the world, it's not like they can do monthly skin-fold tests like you can in college wrestling to make sure an egregious amount of weight isn't being cut (and even in that situation, that's for like truly gigantic amounts, not 8-10 lbs.).

I appreciate your right to your opinions but it doesn't change mine.

I reiterate- We do not have any way of knowing what was required of or how any of the other competitors were actually treated with out hearing it directly from them. Cat didn't spend every minute of the tournament and the down time observing the interaction between tournament officials and them. It isn't possible.

Why should everyone automatically be treated to the exact same everything? Some competitors are a bigger draw than others. It has nothing to do with being fair. It's a privately run organization with no obligations to spend the same amount of money on each participant. If the other women in the tournament were given different treatment/accomodations then it is entirely possible that they or their representatives negotiated for it before the tournament where Cat's camp did not.

How would weight management be enforceable? Exactly how they did it- multiple weigh ins over the course of the tournament.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:41 am 

You have got to be kidding me, that you think there should be a different set of standards for each competitor. You remind me of the guy from Gladiator with the hair lip that has to have someone stabbed to near death before he could fight him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:03 am 
Pro Fighter

Don't worry- if you throw out enough obscure insults towards any one who disagrees with you no one will notice that you don't have any valid points of your own, just a big mouth and a pitch fork. Oooops- well no one but me, I noticed.

If I fight Cyborg for Strikeforce should I automatically get the same purse? The same number of corners? The same number of hotel rooms? Even if my management didn't negotiate for it before we get on the plane and fly out there? Of course not. She's a bigger draw than I am and makes the organization more money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:48 am 

You are completely missing the point, the hotel situation just added to the overall problem. Forcing ONE athlete to continuously make weight and none of the others is absolutely absurd, what is the point of having a tournament if you are just going to pick your champion.
Do you think that any of these top girls would fight Cyborg if she got to weigh in 5 pounds heavier than they did? Of course not............