Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:59 pm 

[b]Can someone help me with this? Who are the best European Fighters outside of the Womens Top10 Ranking??[/b]

Top10 Ranking: [

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:01 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

This will have to do in a pinch.

115: Lena Ovchynnikova
125: Maiju Kujala, Katja Kankaanpaa
145: Yana Kunitskaya, Danielle West
145+:Nives Radic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:45 am 

Great List! Thanks a lot!!

Someone any more ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:25 am 

One more:

135: Germaine de Randamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:07 pm 

couple more good 125ers...

Jasminka Cive
Hanna Sillen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:36 am 

Mark Grassman wrote:

No, just no. She is 8-0, but her opponent's combined records, no bullshit, is 0-9. She's like a slightly better Kim Couture. She's fought six girls who were 0-0 (one of them twice), and one who was 0-1. She has the most inflated record in all of WMMA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:06 am 
Chrom1um wrote:
Mark Grassman wrote:

No, just no. She is 8-0, but her opponent's combined records, no bullshit, is 0-9. She's like a slightly better Kim Couture. She's fought six girls who were 0-0 (one of them twice), and one who was 0-1. She has the most inflated record in all of WMMA.

I understand why you feel this way, but I think you are missing one or two considerations here.

Lena is Ukrainian. I invite anyone to try being a woman in a largely smile and corrupt country, that has one of the worst abuse and women's rights records known to mankind, and which gets worse by the day.

Lena has overcome odds to become a fighter that most women would never be able to handle, especially in a country like that where its practically dangerous for your health just to be female.

And, coming from a country like that, is it not very difficult, almost impossible, to get recognized and to receive more prominent fights and matches against well known fighters? Its a promotional and regional problem. Not her skill or record. I understand your point, but this has nothing to do with her. It's just corrupted politics and regional favoritism. She has no contest in her current league because she's obviously far more skilled than her current lineup of competitors, and needs bigger shots.

Now, if she gets some more prominent or notable fights, and then she starts losing consistently, I'll certainly put my foot in my mouth. But pound for pound, she has shown exemplary skill so far and has trained very hard to be where she is. I guess when she hopefully hits the bigger promotions, we'll see what she's really made of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:05 am 

liberty_fighter wrote:
I understand why you feel this way, but I think you are missing one or two considerations here.

Lena is Ukrainian. I invite anyone to try being a woman in a largely smile and corrupt country, that has one of the worst abuse and women's rights records known to mankind, and which gets worse by the day.

Lena has overcome odds to become a fighter that most women would never be able to handle, especially in a country like that where its practically dangerous for your health just to be female.

And, coming from a country like that, is it not very difficult, almost impossible, to get recognized and to receive more prominent fights and matches against well known fighters? Its a promotional and regional problem. Not her skill or record. I understand your point, but this has nothing to do with her. It's just corrupted politics and regional favoritism. She has no contest in her current league because she's obviously far more skilled than her current lineup of competitors, and needs bigger shots.

Now, if she gets some more prominent or notable fights, and then she starts losing consistently, I'll certainly put my foot in my mouth. But pound for pound, she has shown exemplary skill so far and has trained very hard to be where she is. I guess when she hopefully hits the bigger promotions, we'll see what she's really made of.

While what you say may very well be true, it is still irrelevant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:14 am 

liberty_fighter wrote:
Chrom1um wrote:
Mark Grassman wrote:

I'm sorry, but whether or not she overcame very long odds just to get to where she is and whether or not she has a say in who her opponents are have nothing to do with the fact that her opponents collectively have not won a single fight. In fact collectively only one of them has even had another fight against anyone else. Whatever odds she might have overcome by living in a smile country (and the Ukraine is hardly Saudi Arabia) are irrelevant to her lack of accomplishments in MMA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:37 pm 

Chrom1um wrote:
liberty_fighter wrote:
Chrom1um wrote:
Mark Grassman wrote:

I'm sorry, but whether or not she overcame very long odds just to get to where she is and whether or not she has a say in who her opponents are have nothing to do with the fact that her opponents collectively have not won a single fight. In fact collectively only one of them has even had another fight against anyone else. Whatever odds she might have overcome by living in a smile country (and the Ukraine is hardly Saudi Arabia) are irrelevant to her lack of accomplishments in MMA.

After spending a little more time researching and since no one else is offering an alternative to Ovchynnikova, I offer Simona Soukupova the the UK as a replacement.

Gobble-gobble.