It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: P90X
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 pm 
If there's a topic for this already, I apologize, but I didn't see one.

Has anyone done it? I'm working my way through it now, and I love it so far. I'm no professional, or even amateur fighter. I have a decent martial arts background in Kenjutsu, Kendo, Hapkido and Western Boxing, but that's as far as I go. Nothing impressive, and no hopes of ever hitting a ring unless I'm in someone's corner for support. Still, like most people here, I'm guessing, I like to stay in shape.

If you haven't heard of it, yet, P90X, like the infamous 'Insanity' is a product from BeachBody Inc., who specialize in good workout videos. They are not gimmicks or the typical routine, and I'm highly satisfied with it so far.

No, it is not MMA training, or any type of true fight training, but it will get your body into amazing shape, which is the goal of it.

Forewarning, however, that the guy who leads it is so filled with cheese, you may get extra forearm conditioning from 'face-palming' or moving about while sighing in response. It is otherwise excellent though.

Depending on how you acquire P90X you may be curious about how to use it, as well as the nutrition aspects. You can find both in ready awareness online for free with a little searching.

Should you just use it if you get it? No. It's not a weak program. It is just a step below their 'Insanity' workout. You should definitely fine-tune your nutrition, and also consider your own level. If your active and athletic, you may just need the nutritional side of things for consideration. However, if not, you may burn yourself out. There is a fit test, that you can also find online, gauging if you are ready for P90X.

Each day is a different video and focus, all about an hour long, and the program lasts 90 days. However, the routines can be repeated anytime for continuing results.

I'm doubtful any pro fighter would be as exhausted as myself after one of these workouts, but it will build and tone you without mercy, so I recommend it for anyone looking to effectively get in great shape and still keep a schedule.

If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them if I know.