Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:55 pm 

Thanks.

Can she claim both Strikeforce titles? That looks like becoming the most intriguing question for the female side of MMA over the next 18 months. (If Strikeforce continues of course.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:35 pm 

Thanks for posting that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing her progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:26 pm 

She has to make 135 first. However this would make sense as to why she turned the fight down with Sara McMann earlier. If she is planning on someday getting disciplined with her diet and losing some of the baby fat and coming down to 135 then a fight between her and McMann would be awesome and deserve a good pay day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:39 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

Ronda has been getting more disciplined with her dieting and dropping to 135 should be no problem, she is on the smallish side for a 145er these days anyway, and Miesha or Sara (size-wise) are better matchups imo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:52 am 

I hope so because she was down right chubby in her first fights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:55 pm 

Live Stream for those away from their tv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:06 pm 

[quote="GFC"]Ronda has been getting more [b]disciplined[/b] with her dieting and dropping to 135 should be no problem, ...[/quote]

Actually, her losing weight has very little to do with "discipline" per se. (With olympic caliber athletes discipline is rarely an issue.) The issue seems to be more complex.

A picture is emerging where Rousey seemingly endured an unhappy and troubled existence during her ~10 year judo career. From few recent interviews

[color=blue] [i]" ... Rousey also battled maintaining her fighting weight of [b]138.6[/b] pounds, which led to [b]bulimia[/b]. A move up to the [b]154[/b]-pound weight class brought an end to the fights with the scales... ".

"I just wasn't happy with the lifestyle required to be a world class judoka. I reached a point where I knew what it would take to win the Olympics, and I just wasn't willing to be miserable for 4 years so I could be happy on one day.”[/i][/color]

She seems to have found salvation in MMA:

[color=blue][i] “Doing MMA, I enjoy every day of training, love where I live, love the team of people working to help me win, and am just a more content person in general."

“When I was in judo, they had to push me to train more. Now that I’m in MMA, my coaches tell me to do less,” Rousey said with a smile. “I haven’t had that kind of enthusiasm in forever, so it’s really refreshing.”

“I can’t remember the last time I felt so positive about my life. I was living my life in a state of emergency for years, now it’s like, ‘Wow, finally.’[/i][/color]

Just prior to the D’Alelio fight... actually scratch that.... to be more more precise - In Jun 2011 just after the Tweet fight Rousey stated: [color=blue][i]"I can’t go any lower than 145. That’s the lowest weight I can healthily make. I might consider taking a catch-weight fight at 140 someday, but not unless I was very persuaded."[/i][/color]

I believe she truly meant that at the time. My guess is her weight just started coming off simply as a result of being in a "happier place".

Last edited by judoka27 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 pm 

GHP wrote:
She has to make 135 first. However this would make sense as to why she turned the fight down with Sara McMann earlier. If she is planning on someday getting disciplined with her diet and losing some of the baby fat and coming down to 135 then a fight between her and McMann would be awesome and deserve a good pay day!

I thought McMann was willing to fight her at 145?