Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:47 pm 

ace22 wrote:
http://www.cagepotato.com/cris-cyborg-says-strikeforce-wants-her-to-drop-to-135-because-they-cant-find-anyone-to-fight-her/

"In other news, the whole Strikeforce women’s 135-pound division announced today that it will be dropping to 125."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:08 pm 

judoka27 wrote:

"In other news, the whole Strikeforce women’s 135-pound division announced today that it will be dropping to 125."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL Brilliant!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:26 pm 
Pro Fighter

How- isn't 145 a pretty difficult cut for her already?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:03 pm 

[quote="MNkkgMMA"]How- isn't 145 a pretty difficult cut for her already?[/quote]

Correct.... Cyborg cutting to 135 is highly unlikely

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:33 pm 

You'll have to forgive me but I have a question: So when they say the whole 135 division is dropping to 125 does that mean that the division is 125-135lbs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:03 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

Daveman, it was a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:31 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

Now, Ronda's talk about challenging Miesha Tate takes on new meaning!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:46 pm 

[quote="Mark Grassman"]Now, Ronda's talk about challenging Miesha Tate takes on new meaning![/quote]

Meaning of Ronda's talk is quite simple actually:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:43 am 

I wonder why she doesn't say anything about Cyborg's Belt. I am guessing it is the same reason she wouldn't fight McMann at Shark fights, scared to death...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:49 am 

GHP wrote:
I wonder why she doesn't say anything about Cyborg's Belt. I am guessing it is the same reason she wouldn't fight McMann at Shark fights, scared to death...........

Not sure what you mean when you say "doesn't say anything about Cyborg's Belt". She clearly states fight with Cyborg is her ultimate goal. (And at this point a fight with Cyborg would be a title fight, i.e. fight for the "belt").

in another, previous interview when referring to a fight with Cyborg she stated something along the lines of: "Although I feel I could win that fight today, I recognize that a fight with Cris Cyborg would be the most important fight of my career and I want to ensure I am properly prepared and peaked for that fight." .

To ensure she is properly prepared, Rousey is seeking more cage time. Since there is no one left at 145 (other than Cyborg), she is moving down to 135. It is as simple as that.

Speaking of "Belts", it should be noted that Rousey shows less concern about wining the actual belt/title than WHO she actually fights for that title. What many do not realize is just how confidant Rousey is that she can beat absolutely EVERYBODY in wmma today, and in her mind the question of "Belt" or even "Belts" is not "if she can win it" but "when". Rousey wants her title fight to be a huge draw that will ensure exposure of WMMA to wider audiences (and as an added bonus - a bigger pay day). That is why she told Tate "I want to fight you now because if you fight someone else before me, you might lose, and I don't want to fight Kaufman or who ever else might beat you, I want to fight YOU!". Rousey wants to fight Tate because she feels a "Babe vs Babe" title fight is what the sport needs. That of course is debatable and probably deserves a thread/topic of it's own.

GHP, as you can see, your suggestion that Rousey could be "scared to death" of anybody is simply not true. Rousey may certainly be smile or overconfident, but scared? Absolutely not!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:43 am 

Perhaps this oh so confident person is picking her best matches.....In my opinion Tate is not the biggest threat to Rousey, which is why she is calling her out instead of anyone that she should have to fight before her. Someone that is not scared does not turn down fights, and does not drop weight classes to avoid immediate fights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:32 pm 

Sometimes I get the distinct feeling that certain forum members are butt hurt that their fave fighter is missing the fun due to NOT signing the strikeforce contract.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:59 am 

Her time in Strikeforce will come soon enough, right now ProElite is the right decision for her.

I just find it funny that Rousey is calling people out now, at a weight class she has not yet made, and when she has not yet earned a title fight at 145 or 135, that coupled with her turning down a previous fight with McMann just makes her look like a silly attention whore to me. At some point she probably will be deserving of a title shot at 135, and i am sure with the love handles that she used to have in her first couple of fights that 135 probably is a better weight class for her, and for wmma, i mean no one likes to look at dunlap........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:03 pm 

GHP wrote:
Her time in Strikeforce will come soon enough

I really hope so. I want to see the best fighting the best, and with her background I think Sara will be in that bracket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:10 pm 

GHP wrote:
, i mean no one likes to look at dunlop........

Actually, as a motorcycle racer, I find the look of a fresh Dunlop slick rather attractive.

Seriously though, this forum is the last place I expect to see fighters looks bought up. If I can remove my "sid the smile" cap - anyone can!

Of course if you refer to it in purely conditioning sense, please disregard the above!