Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

What should the rules for women are?
Same rules = with knees to the head of downed opponent and stomp kicks to the body  100%  [ 4 ]
Different rules = no knees to the head of downed opponent and no stomp kicks to the body  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:47 am 

We have this scenario:

Their is a European promotion that handles Pro rules which differ somewhat from the North American Unified Rules. Among the differences are the allowance of knees to the head of downed opponent and stomp kicks to the body (while elbows to the head of downed opponent and soccer kicks are prohibited).

Do you think that in this case the knees to the head of downed opponent and stomp kicks to the body should be also legal in the women Pro fights or do you think they should Ban this in the women Pro fights?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:17 am 

With out going into what actually should and should not be allowed, at this point I'd just want to say that the question of rules of WMMA is of HUUUUGE importance.

In an effort to "sell" WMMA to the masses one must not loose sight of the fact that general population's sensibilities to men fighting are very different to their sensibilities to women fighting.

It will be a completely different "sales job" (selling WMMA to the masses), and the perceived level of "brutality" in WMMA must be carefully considered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:17 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

I didn't vote in the poll, because neither choices accurately represent my feelings on the subject. Although I oppose separate MMA fighting rules for men & women, I'm against heads of downed fighters getting kneed, stomped or kicked; that includes stomping any part of a downed fighter. Furthermore, I think the foot stomps allowed in MMA in this country should be banned for the same reason that the twisting of fingers and toes is illegal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:45 pm 

I refrained from voting for the very same reason that Mr. Grassman did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:20 am 

Mark Grassman wrote:
that includes stomping any part of a downed fighter. Furthermore, I think the foot stomps allowed in MMA in this country should be banned for the same reason that the twisting of fingers and toes is illegal.

And what reason is that??

For me that are two very different things - Twisting fingers/toes or stomps to the body... What does they have in common?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:47 am 
Site Admin

Same rules as the men!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:39 am 

Bosco Baracus wrote:
For me that are two very different things - Twisting fingers/toes or stomps to the body... What does they have in common?
They are either illegal or should be, because they are excessively dangerous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:44 am 
Pro Fighter

Um, I didn't vote because I don't agree with either choice.

Many promotions for males only don't allow knees to the head of a downed opponent and body stomps. But if the promotion allows them for men, then it should allow them for women. If prohibited for men, then prohibited for women. I personally don't want soccer kicks, but if those are the rules, I'd be ready to defend them.