Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: McMann vs Akano
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:20 pm 

Can't wait for this fight to happen. This is the type of competition i have been waiting for Sara to get into. Between this fight and her fight with Evinger she will have allready faced better competition than Rousey, and is yet to run her mouth like Rousey. Hopefully some fireworks come out like the last Proelite performance. With Tate being a mediocre wrestler and taking Akano's back every period in their fight i see McMann controling most of the action. Whats everyone else's thoughts on this fight.

There have been some very interesting twitter battles and interviews coming out in the last week, with Rousey talking pretty highly of herself and a lot of girls getting butt hurt at the attention she is getting and the asking for a title fight. In my opinion she needs some fights equivelant to the ones that Sara has had and is now committed to before she really starts running her mouth, however with her fast wins you can't really say anything bad about her fighting at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:45 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

GHP wrote:
There have been some very interesting twitter battles and interviews coming out in the last week, with Rousey talking pretty highly of herself and a lot of girls getting butt hurt at the attention she is getting and the asking for a title fight.

Is somebody preventing those girls who are getting their feelings hurt from speaking out and doing what Ronda Rousey has done?
GHP wrote:
Whats everyone else's thoughts on this fight.

While I personally have no interest in the fight, I do understand that it will be a good test for McMann.

GHP wrote:
In my opinion she needs some fights equivelant to the ones that Sara has had and is now committed to before she really starts running her mouth

Nonsense! WMMA is not just a sport, it’s a business and the more Ronda Rousey runs her mouth the better it is for her bank account. Besides , I think Rousey would eat Sara McMann for breakfast if you put the two of them in the cage together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:30 am 

Honestly? I'd be a lot more interested if you could make your Sara threads without trying to dig at Ronda.

I will have to look up Akano, I don't know her, but I'm always interested when Sara fights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:53 am 

Judo Racer wrote:
I will have to look up Akano, I don't know her, but I'm always interested when Sara fights.

In that case do bear in mind, Judo Racer, that the fighters profiles on this website are not being updated. For example, Ronda Rousey has more professional fights than are actually shown on her profile. The same holds true for most of the other fighters who are currently active.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:53 pm 

Thanks guys. As soon as I saw the link to the Miesha fight I remembered who she is.

Another former Judoka actually!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:34 pm 

[quote="Judo Racer"]Another former Judoka actually![/quote]
Correct.

In and of itself the fact that someone is a former judoka does not mean much, but Akano seems to have been good enough to represent Japan internationally (albeit briefly) and that does carry some weight. See:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:08 am 

I will always take digs at someone that is a self proclaimed bad ass ready to face anyone, when less than a year ago she wouldn't take a fight against McMann when the purse was actually more than she is currently making in strikeforce. The last time someone said that a girl would eat Sara for breakfast they ended up eating their words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:53 am 

GHP wrote:
The last time someone said that a girl would eat Sara for breakfast they ended up eating their words.

Oh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:44 pm 

oslooskar wrote:
GHP wrote:
The last time someone said that a girl would eat Sara for breakfast they ended up eating their words.

Oh?

I made a comment a while back that someone like Amanda Nunes would take Sara out. I based that on her tapes and quick knockout of Julia Budd and obviously Sara's unproven stand-up. After Alexis Davis defeated Nunes, I retracted the statement because Amanda looked weaker at 135.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:17 pm 

GHP wrote:
I will always take digs at someone that is a self proclaimed bad ass ready to face anyone, when less than a year ago she wouldn't take a fight against McMann when the purse was actually more than she is currently making in strikeforce. The last time someone said that a girl would eat Sara for breakfast they ended up eating their words.

Rousey is hardly the first fighter (regardless of gender) to talk themselves
up. Also I doubt that "she" had the final say in which fight to take, that
would be at the discretion of her management one would assume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:27 pm 

I never said she was the first fighter to do this. Actually i think that it is probably getting her a lot of attention she would not otherwise get thus making her worth more money, much the same Chael did. I am just saying that i loose respect for someone who does so being she wouldn't take the previous stated fight. Actually from what i have heard her management/coaches tried very hard to talk her into taking the fight and thought it was best for her, however she blatantly refused. I would assume due to a yellow sock award. But as i am sure someone will point out we all know what assuming does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:50 am 

GHP wrote:
I am just saying that i loose respect for someone who does so

That’s an interesting usage of the English language. In fact, if I understand you correctly, you’re saying that you have a great deal of respect for Ronda Rousey. :lol:

Hint: If you LOOSE an arrow into the bushes, you may very well LOSE it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:00 am 

^ :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:03 am 

oslooskar wrote:
Hint: If you LOOSE an arrow into the bushes, you may very well LOSE it.

Classic. GHP go back to collage.

I have been a hardcore mma fan since about 2002. Only recently, maybe a 1 1/2 year ago, have I really become a fan of wmma. Flat out, Rousey talks too much for my liking as well. She is not proven, no one has seen more than a two punch combination from her in a fight, and she talks like she has a big dick (by that, I mean she sounds as though she's already ranked number 1 and has beaten everyone).

It's annoying at this point. Sara gets no attention because she has no pictures out there in her panty's and doesn't talk shit, yet to many of us, she is the toughest and best fighter. She is dominating.

Akano will be a good test for Sara, she is a bit of a scrambler, has tricks up her sleeve, and slick. Different type of fighter for Sara, but I have no doubts that she will do whats she has been doing... Dominate, show us something new, and be extremely tough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:43 am 

I have met both ladies. Sara dwarfs Hitomi in height and obviously muscle. She is HUGE 135er. It will be an interesting fight though. Remember, Hitomi went to the 3rd round with a much larger & heavier Cris Cyborg.