Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: ok it is not broken
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:06 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

holddown wrote:
but it is seriously messed up. ligament and joint damage. no big surprise. ronda is a strong monster with a killer instinct who is not afraid to hurt her opponents when she needs to.

As I understand it her mother was the very same way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:57 pm 

oslooskar wrote:
holddown wrote:
but it is seriously messed up. ligament and joint damage. no big surprise. ronda is a strong monster with a killer instinct who is not afraid to hurt her opponents when she needs to.

As I understand it her mother was the very same way.

Oslooskar, just out of curiousity, who was her mother? Was she a fighter as well? Thanks defshepard 8)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:59 pm 

holddown wrote:

I read and online interview with her. She wants to be a champion and will do whatever it takes to be one. She has the drive and determination and the coldness to get there. Looks like she has succeeded.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:55 pm 

[quote="Judo Racer"][quote="defshepard"]

Oslooskar, just out of curiousity, who was her mother? Was she a fighter as well? Thanks defshepard 8)[/quote]

There you go.

Many Thanks Judo Racer. I appreciate the information. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:57 pm 

Wow.., she did have quite a career. Doing Judeo back in the 80's. Thats quite an achievement. I'll bet she was tough as nails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:43 pm 

[quote="defshepard"]Wow.., she did have quite a career. Doing Judo back in the 80's. Thats quite an achievement. [b]I'll bet she was tough as nails.[/b][/quote]

Tough as nails? You better believe it! She was affectionately called "The Animal" by her team mates. :) (See/hear @ 1:30 of vid below)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:59 pm 

[quote="judoka27"][quote="defshepard"]Wow.., she did have quite a career. Doing Judo back in the 80's. Thats quite an achievement. [b]I'll bet she was tough as nails.[/b][/quote]

Tough as nails? You better believe it! She was affectionately called "The Animal" by her team mates. :) (See/hear @ 1:30 of vid below)

Thank-you. LOL. Good one. 8) :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:12 pm 

Mauro Ranallo: When are you supposed to be back in action?

Miesha Tate: You know I haven’t got any clearance from the doctors yet. I’m going in for my two month checkup here in a minute. But you know the arm is doing really well. Definitely beating any predictions as far as my recovery. So… I’m really anxious to get back in there.

MR: What was the extent of the injury because I know you tweeted a picture of the arm and it wasn’t broken or anything? What happened to the arm in that fight?

MT: I basically tore everything. I tore the inner and outer sides of my ligaments attached to the muscles and bone. They actually pulled the bone off with the ligament and then I tore all the muscles around that. So… it was pretty bad, but you know for me it wasn’t really that bad. I think that… I have the motto that as long as you get up one more time than you fall down then… you know what I mean, you are doing something right? So I’ll be back stronger than ever.