Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: McMann vs Baszler
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:48 pm 

Any predictions on this upcoming fight? Obviously i favor McMann but it should be very interesting. The invicta home page has a pretty sweet video for this fight. I heard that they were in South Carolina filming a day in the life of Sara McMann today! Nice win for Tori Adams last night, after a slow first round sounds like she dominated after that! I have heard rumors that McMann is going to be doing some traveling in the upcoming month to get some extra training for this fight!! It really sucks that Anita Rodriguez backed out last minute for the fight that was supposed to happen last weekend, and based on her comments on Trent Goodale's facebook page it was complete bull that she backed out, props to the 16 year old girl that took a grappling match with her last minute. I wish it would have lasted longer than 37 seconds, but what do you expect!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:58 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

McMann is definitely the favorite, but I'm not rating her above Baszler until after she wins against her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:38 pm 

Mark Grassman wrote:
McMann is definitely the favorite, but I'm not rating her above Baszler until after she wins against her.

I agree. I really like Sara's attitude. I think its very good for the sport. I hope she does well here so she can get closer to putting her fist in Ronda's mouth. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:43 pm 

Shayna, shayna, shayna!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:02 pm 

Do not agree. Great counters......damnit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:46 pm 

fryhole wrote:
Do not agree. Great counters......damnit

I am with you. I thought Shayna had won for sure. Well..., Shayna showed a lot of class and so did McMann as well. It was a great fight. We saw some very good fights and very good sportsmanship as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:48 pm 

I defintely am hooked on Invicta. They are the real deal and deliver gtruly great fights. I am really pumped up for Invicta 3. I hear they have Jessica Penne lined up already. Should be good Fryhole. :wink: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:41 am 

on what basis do you feel Shayna won? It was very close and I would have probably given round two to Shayna, however I thought McMann landed more strikes, threw more strikes, controlled the pace, got the only takedowns, and did more damage. I just didn't feel Shayna did anything besides the one submission attempt to put herself in position to win. Sara def controlled where the fight went. I felt one fighters game plan held worked well and one fighters game plan never happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:36 am 

GHP wrote:
on what basis do you feel Shayna won? It was very close and I would have probably given round two to Shayna, however I thought McMann landed more strikes, threw more strikes, controlled the pace, got the only takedowns, and did more damage. I just didn't feel Shayna did anything besides the one submission attempt to put herself in position to win. Sara def controlled where the fight went. I felt one fighters game plan held worked well and one fighters game plan never happened.

GHP, you make some very good points there. I guess it just a very close fight. And I felt Shayna had won. But you are right about what you said about McMann. I cannot agrue with you on Sara McMann's performance in the cage. She fought very hard and very well. So the judges did give her the victory. And she deserved it. But Shayna was no slouch either, and fought a a very tough close fight. But in the end it was McMann's fight and she won. Yours Defshepard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:42 am 

I completely agree!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:06 am 

I thought Shaynas countering was much more precise and effective than Saras offense. Sara threw alot of hard strikes but alot of them whiffed. Close fight either way, I'll give you that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:09 pm 

fryhole wrote:
I thought Shaynas countering was much more precise and effective than Saras offense. Sara threw alot of hard strikes but alot of them whiffed. Close fight either way, I'll give you that.

Fryhole, I agree with you. It was a very close fight. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:39 pm 

honestly if you watch it on mute and dont listen to the one sided commentary, your perception on sara's offensive will change. that was the best shayna bazler ive ever seen. amazing fight, over 500,000 views for invicta. great gob ladies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:57 pm 

DirtyDel wrote:
honestly if you watch it on mute and dont listen to the one sided commentary, your perception on sara's offensive will change. that was the best shayna bazler ive ever seen. amazing fight, over 500,000 views for invicta. great gob ladies.

500,000 views? Sweet!! 8) I can hardly wait for Invicta 3 and see how many people log on to see the live stream in October. Maybe a million plus. Great job indeed ladies! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:25 pm 

Yes, it seemed everyone had Sara fever. Myself included. I tuned in fully expecting her to dominate. She did fight well but Shayna exposed some holes in Sara's game. She definitely doesn't use her jab enough. I don't think she adjusted well to Shayna's reach. To me it seemed like Shayna dictated the pace of the fight. She avoided Sara's power shots well and countered nicely. I think Shayna did enough to win. A rematch is a safe bet I'm sure.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next