Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Posting
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:44 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

To all good people,
I will be posting much less here. I have not posted much here lately. I am sure many of you have noticed. But from now on, I will be here even less. I wish to thank Debi Purcell for this site and all others who either helped me or were kind to me here. I can be reached on Twitter as: Defshepard if any of you need to get a hold of me.
Thank-you and take care of yourselves.

Yours,

Defshepard.

Post subject: Re: Posting
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:48 am 

Thank you for all your years posting here! I had a talk with Debi about the future of forums and we both agree that twitter,Facebook and all other social networks have been the death to most forums. Debi wants to keep the forum up for all the history of women's MMA to share with who ever want to read this site information. Fightergirls.com was built in 2001 and Debi took her personal money to pay for the site to be built, maintenance and other charges without asking for a donation or a fee and still does this today. I think her inspiration and love of the sport to make some really big changes in the WMMA industry. I thank each and everyone here for reading and posting since 2001!

Thanks and Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:10 am 

Chad,
Thank-you for the kind wishes. I deeply appreciate what you also said about Debi Purcell's personal sacrifice and willingness to invest her time and money into this site. For this I do thank Mrs. Purcell. At this point, it is Twitter that gives more information about women's MMA and that I am more active on, as are so many other people as well. Again thank-you for this great website and forum. And thanks for the information.
I will come back from time to time. But not that often. If I come back and find this site no longer in existence I will understand.

Sincerely yours,

Defshepard.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:05 pm 

It was a good forum to post on back in the day. Sadly all the fighting ran people off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:02 am 

Fonz wrote:
> It was a good forum to post on back in the day. Sadly all the fighting ran
> people off.

Sadly you are very correct. All of the fighting people are now using other means and other places to post. But yes it was a very good forum to belong to back in the day.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]